Friday, October 8, 2010

We don't talk no more - poetic musings

Last night I was on a panel at the Pan African Space Station in their poetry sessions called Dreaming Wide Awake.  The title of the programme was 'We don't talk no more - Poetic Musings'.  It was a conversation between young and older women writers. Nonkululeko Godana hosted it.  The other writers were Sindiwe Magona, Yewande Omotoso, Diana Ferrus and I.  We spoke and read writings about life, love, writing and the mundane in between..  It was so much fun.  I love the concept of the 'Space Station' which is a virtual radio station - you can access it through the internet.  so you are communicating with people from all over the world, and you have a live audience in front of you.  There are lots of intersting people - old and young, who just want to share their ideas, to hear, to witness, to support and to challenge. 

I enjoyed sharing my poetry, and my thoughts, and I really enjoyed being in the company of other writers and creative people, in a space that just invited you to be and to share!  Will let you know when the podcast of the evening is out!

No comments:

Post a Comment